1. You can receive Social Security Disability at any age
- Any worker at any age has the opportunity to file for Social Security Disability. If you are out of work due to a mental or physical condition, you must consider applying
2. You do not need to be bed bound to be eligible
- Social Security Disability benefits can be received for any medical condition, including herniated discs, cancer, carpal tunnel, diabetes and more.
3. Social Security Disability benefits are not permanent nor temporary
- Social Security Disability benefits will be available for as long as you need them- you may return to work at any time
4. Retiring won’t affect your ability to receive benefits
- You can receive your full pension and Social Security Disability benefits at the same time. If you’ve retired within the past five years and have a medical condition that causes problems, you are still eligible.
5. There is nothing to lose by applying
- The cost of applying is free! Even if you hire an attorney, the attorney will only receive a fee if you win and only a one-time fee of 25% of your retroactive benefits (not to exceed $6,000). There is no fee from your monthly checks.