6 distressting thoughts you may have when filing a PA work comp claim


I can’t work because I was injured on the job and now I am worried about paying my bills.

Call our office today at 215-568-7500 and speak to one of our experienced Pennsylvania workers’ compensation attorneys or go to our Contact Us page. Pond Lehocky can help you get your life back and fight for your rights to workers’ compensation.


What if I just found out that I have an injury that developed over time like carpal tunnel? Am I too late to file a claim?

Report your injury as soon as you receive your diagnosis. The injury must be related to your employment or job duties. If you haven’t reported it yet, please do so today, preferably in writing.


What if I have a pre-existing condition that’s gotten worse because of my job? Won’t I be disqualified from workers’ compensation?

No. If you have a pre-existing condition like arthritis and it becomes aggravated or worsens because of your job, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation. 


What if I get fired from my job because I filing a claim?     

In Pennsylvania you cannot be fired by your employer for filing a claim. 


How am I going to afford a lawyer to represent me?

There is no fee for you unless we win your case. If we do, then we only collect a one-time fee from your settlement that will not exceed 20 percent. All fees must be approved by a judge. 


I’m receiving workers’ compensation, but I’ve been out of work for a while and I can’t pay my bills. I don’t think I’ll be able to return to work. What can I do?

If you have been out of work for at least a year or are expected to be out of work for a year and cannot perform any substantial, gainful employment – you may be eligible for Social Security disability. Contact one of our Social Security disability attorneys today for assistance at 800-773-1300.

Ready to Get Help?

Complete the short form below to get your FREE consultation.