At Pond Lehocky, gender diversity and inclusion is a special focus, especially during Women’s History Month. Utilizing diverse perspectives and fresh insights is a priority for the firm, as it helps the attorneys and staff connect with clients. It also helps our attorneys and staff deliver innovative legal solutions to our clients’ most pressing problems.
Here are a few examples of how our law firm is promoting gender equality and putting its female attorneys in leadership positions—both at Pond Lehocky and in the overall legal community:
- Around 40 percent of Pond Lehocky’s attorneys are female.
- More than 65 percent of Pond Lehocky’s staff are female.
- The majority of Pond Lehocky’s managers are women.
- Pond Lehocky recently was recognized for its attorney diversity for three straight years by The Legal Intelligencer.
- Associates Kajal Alemo, Danielle Webb, Ruxandra Osgood, and Erica Shikunov will be participating in a roundtable discussion at the Women, Diversity & Change Summit in Philadelphia on March 20th, hosted by Centerforce USA. The topic of the discussion will be “Women & Self Advocacy: Damned if you do, damned if you don’t”.
- The Firm recently named Associate Erica Shikunov as the head of the Firm’s employment law department.
- In October, Associate Attorney Alexis Handrich participated in The Legal Intelligencer’s 2018 Women in the Law Roundtable. Associate Kajal Alemo participated in a previous roundtablediscussion.
- Associates Melissa Chandy participated in the The Legal Intelligencer’s 2017 Diversity Roundtable.
- Last March, Associates Kajal Alemo, Ruxandra M. Osgood, Erica Shikunov and Danielle N. Webb spoke at the at the Women in Law & Leadership summit in Philadelphia, hosted by Centerforce USA.
- Associate Erica Shikunov authored an article providing needed perspective on the #metoo movement in the wake of the contentious Supreme Court confirmation process for Brett Kavanaugh.
Our law firm is also focusing on women’s issues and the law, including:
Pond Lehocky acknowledges that there is still a long way to go in the fight for gender equality. However, Pond Lehocky is known for its commitment to workers and will continue to fight for hard-working Americans nationwide. For a free consultation, get in touch below or refer your friends and family for legal matters nationwide.