As many of you may know, the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation has made the decision to close the Northeast Philadelphia Hearing Office at 2901 Grant Avenue effective January 1, 2013. Consequently, all Judges from the Northeast Hearing Office have been relocated to the 8th Street Hearing Office at 110 North 8th Street in Center City Philadelphia. Most of your cases have already been reassigned to the 8th Street Hearing Office.
We understand that this hearing office closure will have a great impact on many of our clients. In order to make this transition easier for you, we would like to share some helpful hints:
- The 8th Street Hearing Office is located at 110 North 8th Street (at Arch Street).
- Directions from I-95 south are as follows:
- Take I-95 south toward Philadelphia
- Follow signs to Central Philadelphia
- Take the Callowhill Street exit – Exit 22 – toward I-676E/ Independence Hall
- Keep right at the fork to continue to Callowhill Street
- Turn right onto Callowhill Street
- Keep left at the fork
- Turn left onto 8th Street
- The building will be on your right
- Directions from all other locations can be found here
- Visit SEPTA’s website for various bus routes and regional rail schedules.
- Public parking is available at 8th & Arch Streets.
- Upon entering the building, all visitors must pass through security and take the elevators to the 4th floor. You should exit the elevators into the receptionist area. Hearing and mediation schedules are posted on the bulletin board.
- Please allow yourself enough time to travel, especially for morning hearings.
Remember, we are here to help you. Should you have any questions regarding the relocation of the hearing office, please call our office at 215-568-7500.