Take Legal Action Against Harmful Prescription Drugs and Defective Medical Devices
Each year, there are hundreds of prescription drug recalls and FDA warnings about certain medical devices. Complications that arise from these pharmaceuticals and devices may cause life-long injuries or even result in death. If you or a loved one has been harmed by a prescription drug or defectivemedical product, our drug recall attorneys can help protect your rights to compensation.
Pharmaceutical companies have been churning out record numbers of approved prescription drugs in the past few years. Clinical trials and testing may not always be performed at the highest standard, leaving the consumer in potential danger.
Recently, the FDA has issued safety warning for the following:
- Onglyza – and similar Type 2 diabetes drugs are being investigated for causing heart failure, cardiac arrest or death
- Invokana – and similar Type 2 diabetes drugs reportedly causes diabetic ketoacidosis, which can lead to serious side effects including: kidney failure, heart attack, stroke or death
- Yaz (also known as Yasmin or by its generic name, Ocella) – reportedly causes blood clots that can lead to serious conditions like deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, which can be life threatening
- Actos – has been linked to severe health complications such as bladder cancer, heart failure, liver failure, bone fractures and eye problems
- Risperdal – manufactured by Johnson & Johnson, reportedly causes male breast development or Gynecomastia; other complications include: pancreatitis, diabetes or movement disorders
- Transvaginal mesh, pelvic and bladder supports, which treat pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence,can erode through the vaginal walls or other organs and can hinder sitting, walking and sexual intercourse
- Hip replacement recalls – while hip replacement surgery is usually safe, there has been fierce competition between leading drug and medical device manufacturers to create new technologies. The following companies/brands have experienced recalls due to serious medical complications: Johnson & Johnson, DePuY, Stryker, Biomet, Zimmer, Wright and Smith & Nephew. Complications include: high metal toxicity in the blood, severe pain in the hip and groin, swelling, tissue damage, and/or muscle damage.
Let our prescription drug and defective medical product attorneys help ease your pain and suffering.
Please use the form below to receive a free legal consultation.
Ready to Get Help?
Complete the short form below to get your FREE consultation.