The early start and fast spread of influenza this season has quickly reached epidemic proportions. Since you can’t always rely on flu shots, or your coworkers to take precautions, it is important to take extra safety measures to protect yourself during flu season at work. Here are a few steps you can take to safeguard yourself:
- Get vaccinated- though it’s not a 100% guarantee, it is the best measure to take.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid close contact with coworkers, or other individuals, who may be ill.
- Don’t cough and sneeze into your hand! Use a tissue or your sleeve if you have to.
- Eat a healthy diet to boost your immune system.
For a full list of tips on how to better protect yourself during this flu season, and other workplace risk factors, visit the OSHA website here.