Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Choose a top Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorney to represent you
With over 75 years of combined experience, the attorneys of Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano are fierce advocates and reliable representatives for workers who suffer injury, illness, or disability on the job.
In accordance with the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act, individuals hurt at work are entitled to appropriate compensation for their injuries. With a history of representing both individual clients as well as numerous unions, our Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorneys are prepared to help you seek benefits for your losses, including:
- Lost wages from missed work time
- All medical care reasonable and necessary to treat the injury or illness
- Benefits for specific losses, such as loss of a limb or loss of its use
- Payment for severe disfigurement or scars
- Coverage for participation in certain physical or vocation rehabilitation programs
- Death benefits, such as payment of burial expenses (in applicable cases)
What To Expect Video
Your Workers’ Compensation Case
This video will help guide you through the process of a typical workers’ compensation case and answer some questions you may have.
No out-of-pocket costs to you. If you believe you need our services, please call for a free consultation. If your case is taken, there are no legal fees unless we win your case. If you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
Types of Workers’ Compensation Claims
The lawyers of Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano offer extensive experience in filing all kinds of workers’ compensation claims in Philadelphia, Delaware County, and throughout Pennsylvania—in fact, we focus our practice on these types of cases. Although it is a complicated process, obtaining workers’ compensation benefits is your right as a worker. We can offer you the support you need and the necessary information about workers compensation to file a successful claim.
Under our advisement, you will decide what type of claim petition is appropriate to file, based on the circumstances of your injury or illness. The following are the types of claim petitions to consider:
- Loss of wages petition. This petition requests compensation payments for missed work time, or inability to continue to perform at work due to partial or total disability.
- Scar petition. This petition requests compensation payments for one or more scars to the head, face, or neck.
- Specific loss petition. This petition requests compensation payments for loss of a limb or other body part, or loss of use of a body part.
Reinstatement petition. In addition, if your claim is in a suspended status—you do not receive wage loss benefits but you are receiving medical benefits for your injury—one of our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys can help you a file a reinstatement petition to allow you to begin receiving wage loss benefits again. The insurance company will not advise you of this. They may tell you your claim is closed when in fact, it is not.
Lump sum settlement. If you have sustained a work-related injury, you may receive an offer from the insurance carrier to settle your case for a lump sum of money. It is important to seek the legal opinion of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney before accepting such an offer.Without the intercession of a well-known workers’ compensation lawyer, many insurance companies offer only a fraction of the compensation deserved.
We can help obtain the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve
If you suffered injury, illness, or permanent disability while on the job, the lawyers of Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano are here for you today. As top advocates for worker rights in Philadelphia, we can help you seek the compensation you need. To receive a free handbook or to discuss your workers’ compensation or union claim, call 215-568-7500 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.