Pond Lehocky Giordano is celebrating another exceptionally successful year in 2018 and is looking forward to carrying the momentum through 2019. The year brought a new Partner, practice area expansion, fruitful new relationships, exciting new endeavors and scads of accolades.
“The Firm continues to grow and be healthy,” Managing Partner Samuel Pond said. “This only happens if we’re vigilant on a daily basis, continue to be aggressive and bold, and ensure that our belief system is an authentic one that resonates and manifests itself.”
Key accomplishments this year included:
- Became an Official Partner of the Philadelphia Eagles, reinforcing the Firm’s commitment to excellence and its deep roots in
- Expanded into Long-Term Disability and Employment Law – To further its mission of offering a holistic approach to
client’s legal issues, the firm started practicing Long-Term Disability and Employment Law to counsel injured and disabled workers on more options for
- Launched the “Legal Eagles with Sam Pond” weekly radio show, airing on Philadelphia’s Talk Radio 1210AM WPHT and Pittsburgh’s Newsradio 1020AM KDKA. Each episode is also available online and via podcast. The show provides listeners with the unique opportunity to learn
about their rights, the law and the courtroom from the perspective of Pennsylvania’s most esteemed legal professionals.
- Named Stephen Miller, leader of the Firm’s Pittsburgh office, as Partner—the first outside of the founding members.
- Partner Jerry Lehocky appointed to the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board by the state Supreme Court.
- Named one of the 2018 Best Places to Work by The Philadelphia Business Journal. It was the fifth time the Firm has been awarded this honor.
- Had more lawyers selected to the Super Lawyers® and Super Lawyers® Rising Stars lists than ever before. This year, 12 attorneys were recognized for their legal excellence.
- Pond Lehocky partners and attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 list.
- Selected to U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers® annual Best Law Firms list for the eighth consecutive year.
- Reached a state-best total of nine attorneys certified as a legal specialist in workers’ compensation law after associates Kevin E. Harchar and Christopher C. Cara earned their certifications.
After another banner year, Mr. Pond is bullish on the Firm’s future.
“We have many opportunities have and continue to present themselves to us,” he said. “My own belief is that our thought and energy continue to attract these opportunities.”
However, Mr. Pond cautioned that the Firm must continue to be bold and not rest on its laurels.
“We cannot be complacent and accept mediocre,” he said. “We cannot allow any fear from any source to creep into our home.”