Workers’ Compensation Legal Secretary
Pond Lehocky Giordano is the largest Workers’ Compensation and Social Security disability firm in the Philadelphia region. Our team has been recognized for their legal expertise in helping thousands of individuals across the country secure their Social Security disability benefits as well as for their advocacy work. Pond Lehocky Giordano is currently seeking a Workers’ Compensation Legal Secretary to join our highly successful team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Case Details. Enters mail into case notes, generates all necessary response letters. Handles daily uploading and obtaining of relevant case information from the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation management system, WCAIS. Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Information Collection. Obtains prior workers’ compensation claim history from Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. Formats and files briefs at all judicial levels. Prepares responses to counsel, adjusters, and judges. Drafts letters and documents. Files and answers petitions with Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and/or Judge. Maintains appropriate case type as determined by present litigation.
- Communication. Answers attorney direct lines and monitors email; serves as liaison between attorney and clients by resolving routine and some complex inquiries. Maintains continual contact with client via follow up with status reports and/or telephone calls to obtain status.
- Calendar Management. Maintains attorney’s hearing calendar appropriately. Schedules client appointments and/or telephone conferences. Enters attorney appearance via mail and/or WCAIS.
- File Management. Scans documents into client files. Maintains client’s file in case management system, updating information as necessary. New client intakes, as needed.
- 4+ years of legal experience
- Knowledge of PA Workers’ Compensation
- Experience with Needles Case Management is preferred
Pond Lehocky Giordano succeeds by fully serving injured and disabled workers’ needs through our commitment to the practice of workers’ compensation, social security disability, employment, and long-term disability law at the highest professional level. With more than 100 employees, we invest in cutting-edge technology to provide a strong supporting role to our attorneys and clients.
Behind every case, there’s a person depending upon the firm of Pond Lehocky Giordano for help. We never lose sight of that fact. It’s this knowledge that drives every one of us to put the needs of our clients first. We’re told that it’s something that comes through in the atmosphere here—a sense of confidence, compassion and most of all, we really, really care.
Thank you for your interest in Pond Lehocky Giordano. Please complete the application below.