Who is Eligible for SSDI?
Anyone who is out of work because of any medical condition should consider applying for SSDI. However, there are certain requirements for eligibility, which include:
- Having worked for approximately five (5) out of the past ten (10) years and paid taxes
- Suffering from an injury or illness that has prevented or will prevent you from working
- Being unable to physically or mentally perform the work you have done in the past
- Being under your full Social Security retirement age of 66 years old
- Having a diagnosis from a doctor that supports your claim