With the third annual Women’s March taking place this Saturday, it is a good time to reflect on the state of women’s rights in the country and the challenges that still need to be addressed.
At Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano, diversity is not just a moral obligation, it’s good business. Getting diverse perspectives and fresh insights helps the Firm better connect with its clients, who come from all walks of life. It also helps the Firm deliver innovative legal solutions to our clients’ most pressing problems.
Gender diversity and inclusion have been a focus of Pond Lehocky. Here are a few examples of how the Firm is promoting gender equality and putting its female attorneys in leadership positions—both at the Firm and in the overall legal community:
- Nearly 40 percent of the Firm’s 41 lawyers are women.
- The majority of Pond Lehocky’s managers are women.
- Pond Lehocky recently was recognized for its attorney diversity for three straight years by The Legal Intelligencer.
- The Firm recently named Associate Erica Shikunov as the head of the Firm’s employment law department.
- In October, Associate Attorney Alexis Handrich participated in The Legal Intelligencer’s 2018 Women in the Law Roundtable. Associate Kajal Alemo participated in a previous roundtable discussion.
- Associates Melissa Chandy participated in the The Legal Intelligencer’s 2017 Diversity Roundtable.
- Last March, Associates Kajal Alemo, Ruxandra M. Osgood, Erica Shikunov and Danielle N. Webb spoke at the at the Women in Law & Leadership summit in Philadelphia, hosted by Centerforce USA.
- Associate Erica Shikunov authored an article providing needed perspective on the #metoo movement in the wake of the contentious Supreme Court confirmation process for Brett Kavanaugh.
Pond Lehocky acknowledges that there is still a long way to go in the fight for gender equality. But the Firm, known for its commitment to workers, believes it is well-suited to take the lead. Women’s rights are labor rights, after all. Contact us if you or someone you know needs help with employment law or any legal matter.